Saturday 3 August 2013

Goodbye Koh Tao

This week has gone so fast! Seems like we've only just arrived, and now it's time to leave! Over the past few days we've had a chance to relax on some lovely beaches, do some more snorkelling and re-visit Koh Nuan Yang. 
Thursday was not a pleasant day for me as I got quite ill with what was probably a combination of food poisoning, heat, sun and sea water. (My bets are on food poisoning). So after returning from Aow Leuk bay at 5pm, I could do nothing but lay in bed (and use the bathroom) until the next day :-(
Friday I felt a bit better but still not quite right. In the morning we had breakfast with a couple of Americans who work over here.  Whilst everyone else had big fry-ups, I stuck to one piece of dry toast to try and ease my stomach. 
Jessye and I then revisited Koh Nuan Yang for the rest of the day. This is a collection of three tiny islands linked by a stretch of sand, about 1km off the north west of Koh Tao, easily reachable by a taxi boat (which left us soaked through!). There's an admission fee to get onto the island, and no plastic bottles or cans are permitted. When we arrived, we climbed up to the mountain viewpoint and admired the spectacular scenery. 

<<Hang fire for the photos which are currently still on my camera>>




In the evening we enjoyed another impressive fire show on Koh Tao. 

Saturday! Our last day on the island. After checking out of our bungalow and grabbing some brunch, we treated ourselves to a Thai massage, which was INCREDIBLE! Tonight we leave Koh Tao on the night ferry and take a bus to Krabi, where we'll spend one night before heading on down to Singapore.
Our trip is nearly over!

No comments:

Post a Comment